Those with cognitive impairments, such as Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, will benefit greatly from the SHINE® Memory Care program. The Alzheimer’s Association®, the nation’s premier non-profit organization in the field of Alzheimer’s care and research, has awarded the SHINE® Memory Care program’s curriculum the prestigious National Certificate of Recognition. This is an honor only shared by a select few memory care communities in the whole of the United States. Find out more about why this exclusive senior living Memory Care program stands out from other programs.
Backed by Science
The scientific principles that aid in understanding and participation were carefully considered in the creation of our SHINE® program to better the lives of our residents. Each member of the community here has received extensive training to ensure the highest quality of life for individuals with dementia and other memory-related disorders.
Tackles Residents’ Daily Challenges
People with cognitive impairments, such as dementia, can benefit greatly from the support and direction provided by the SHINE® Memory Care program. With the SHINE® Memory Care program, you can be assured that your loved ones will always be attended to by a member of the care team who has received extensive professional training in the field of dementia care.
Provides a Discovery Journey
The goal of the SHINE® Memory Care program is to provide each person with a sense of purpose and accomplishment by taking them on a voyage of discovery via carefully crafted mental and physical activities. There are three nutritious meals served to all residents every day as part of the SHINE® Memory Care program. Our own in-house chefs have put a lot of thought and care into creating these balanced and nutritious menus.
Lets Residents Discover Self-Esteem, Confidence, and Independence
- Encourage physical activity, enrich mental engagement, and sustain social and religious ties.
- Promotion of maximum involvement in all daily endeavors
- Rather than focusing on residents’ flaws, it is important to highlight their positives.
- Encourage regular exercise and mental challenge, as well as just the right amount of social connection, by marking and relishing every victory, no matter how minor.
Senior Catered Dining
- Provision of a “Food on the Run” service for residents who have problems sitting down to eat or who tend to walk around the neighborhood before or after mealtimes.
- Healthy, rotating menus crafted by trained chefs.
- Consistent, peaceful, and on-time meal service.
- Help is given during mealtimes to encourage active involvement.
Engaging Senior Activities
- Residents’ attention spans are taken into account when planning activities.
- Provided activities are stress-free, non-competitive, and age-appropriate.
- Every resident has access to a wide variety of opportunities.
Senior Social Opportunities
- Help is given with personal care in order to empower residents to make their own decisions and take an active role in their own care.
- Community events are planned where residents can relax and meet new people
- Encourage residents to engage in worthwhile activities that will boost their sense of accomplishment and self-worth.
Get in touch with a Senior Lifestyle Counselor if you have any questions or would like to see “A Day In The Life” of residents here at SHINE® Memory Care. We would love to learn more about your specific care requirements.